1. Increase Funding for the Older Americans Act commensurate with inflation rates and the increase in the population of older Americans.
2. Raise the Social Security Cap on payroll taxes to restore long-term solvency, preferably as a part of an overall comprehensive plan to reform Social Security.
3. Strengthen Social Security by enacting legislation such as S. 567 and H.R. 3118.
4. Utilize Telemedicine to Improve Geriatric Care by enacting legislation focused on patient safety and high quality care.
5. Implement a Silver Alert Notification Network for Missing Elderly Citizens similar to the Amber Alert for children.
(Note: Two resolutions tied for 4th)
This year the National Silver Haired Congress selected “Increase Funding for the Older Americans Act” because it is important to many Senior Citizens in many communities and is long overdue for being renewed.